Friday, February 12, 2010

Etsy Carnival

This is my first post for the monthly Etsy Blog Carnival! I am supposed to share my favorite childhood memory from Valentine's Day. This is soooo easy for me because the memory is amazingly simple.  Growing up, I was never a Daddy's girl. That was my sister's job. I was a Mommy's girl...and still am. However, Valentine's Day was the one "Holiday" in which my Father would branch out and purchase something for all of his "girls". He wasn't a sentimental man, but then again, you really never know what's in a person's heart. You can only make a judgment based on his or her actions. At any rate, my Dad would always get Esther Price candy (usually shaped in heart box) and a card, which he signed "Pop". Now, I never called my dad "Pop", so I have no clue why he signed the card this way. Now, I think it must have been his own special way of saying "I Love You". Sadly, he passed away unexpectedly when I was in high school, so this simple memory of Valentine's Day is near and dear to my heart. I am so thankful for that little reminder that my "Dad" was a little bit quirky...oops, I mean my "Pop". Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

  1. What a great memory! Now that I am a parent, when I go through the aisle with all of the red boxed candy I do think of what my parents got for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating in the Blog Carnival. I got goose pimples reading your post and am so glad that you have that memory of your dad in your heart.

    ReplyDelete

My Fav Blogs

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Blog Archive

This is me...

My photo
Dayton, OH, United States
Hi there! I am 34 years old and the proud co-owner of Starwick Candles. My friend, Jen, and I started our business in January 2008--it was our dream to escape the corporate world! I am excited to share my experience in starting & managing a small business with fellow crafters.