Do you ever feel like you are going in a million different places, but you know you are still on the right track? It's such a weird feeling! I have been scouring blogs, websites, magazines in search of ideas and direction for our candle biz! In order to hold myself accountable, I decided I would post 10 goals to the blog. Periodically, I will go back to review this list and update our accomplishments.
1. Create a business plan. SCORE is a wonderful resource for direction on a business plan.
2. Take a photography class. Legacy Pics is holding a class on Feb 19th, so I will be able to cross this one off my list very soon!
3. Get organized! I will update my biz records monthly---I have decided to set aside the 1st Monday of every month for this activity.
4. Send applications for 2 new festivals. I think we'll try The Pork Festival and the Yellow Springs Street Fair.
5. Wholesale Wholesale Wholesale! Our goal is to get our products in 6 retail stores this year. I have already received some amazing tips from Justine, the Handmade Marketer.
6. Ensure our product pricing is correct.
7. Get some Etsy sales! We've had 5, and I am extremely thankful for those sales. However, I would like to sell a minimum of 5 items per month.
8. Blog weekly....I will try to blog a little more frequently, but I know I can post weekly. In addition to the blogging, I am going to try and find interesting topics. I certainly don't want to bore my readers!
9. Create fun and elegant products for our upcoming bridal show!
10. Finally, recognize our accomplishments!
Oh, and just a little plug for myself....these are my new handmade Valentine's Day Cards! You can purchase one for your sweetie at Simply Scrappee. My new Etsy shop was inspired by a personal goal---scrapbook my wedding & honeymoon from 2006---LOL!
3 years ago